Porta-Mole systems handle a wide variety of soil and
rock conditions. Our equipment removes cuttings from
the hole rather than compacting the soil. When using
"compaction" type of equipment, it is necessary to go deep
so as not to buckle the pavement above the bore. We
incorporate the same successful boring principle that
has been used in the search for oil and gas. Porta-Mole's
are light-weight and very portable (everything fits in the
back of a pick-up truck). Our equipment is self contained
meaning that it's power source is built right on it - (a
gasoline powered engine). Porta-Mole's are extremely
accurate. This is accomplished by boring quickly - we
utilize a law of physics to our advantage. Our equipment
is very easy to maintain - it's no more difficult to work on
than a lawn mower. From our system "packages" to all
parts and accessories, you will find everything we make
to be affordable and readily available.
When making a decision to purchase boring equipment there are
factors to consider. The following are things we believe you should
consider when looking for boring equipment:
1. Does the equipment bore in rock?
2. Does it remove the cuttings from the hole or work by
3. Is the equipment light-weight and portable?
4. Does it require the purchase of an additional, external
power source such as an air compressor or hydraulic
system to operate?
5. Does the equipment bore quickly?
6. Is the equipment easy to maintain?
7. Is the price of the equipment justifiable even if you
don't bore often?