Porta-Mole systems handle a wide variety of soil
and rock conditions. Our equipment removes cuttings
from the hole rather than compacting the soil. When using
"compaction" type of equipment, it is necessary to go deep
so as not to buckle the pavement above the bore. We
incorporate the same successful boring principle that has
been used in the search for oil and gas. Porta-Mole's are
light-weight and very portable (everything fits in the back of a
pick-up truck). Our equipment is self contained meaning that
it's power source is built right on it - (a gasoline powered engine).
Porta-Mole's are extremely accurate. This is accomplished by
boring quickly - we utilize a law of physics to our advantage.
Our equipment is very easy to maintain - it's no more difficult to
work on than a lawn mower. From our system "packages" to all
parts and accessories, you will find everything we make to be
affordable and readily available.
When making a decision to purchase boring equipment there are
factors to consider. The following are things we believe you should
consider when looking for boring equipment:
1. Does the equipment bore in rock?
2. Does it remove the cuttings from the hole or work by compaction?
3. Is the equipment light-weight and portable?
4. Does it require the purchase of an additional, external power source
such as an air compressor or hydraulic system to operate?
5. Does the equipment bore quickly?
6. Is the equipment easy to maintain?
7. Is the price of the equipment justifiable even if you don't bore often?